Monday, January 30, 2012

Swimming and Balloon Animals



Here's some of what we have been up to this month:

I ordered this cute little lacy outfit from groopdealz, just in case I ever have a girl. :)  It was a really good deal, so I figured that even if I don't use it for a good number of years, it was worth it.  Little did I know that I would get my money's worth that very day....  Logan found it, put it on, and declared himself "an elf."  


He's kind of a little ham....

Logan loves to sing... these are two of his favorite songs.  He loves to belt out "I am a Child of God" in the middle of the grocery store, at the pool, in sacrament meeting..... anywhere it echoes, really.  The second song is "Baby Mine" from Dumbo.  He always wants it sang to him whenever he is sad or hurt.  He likes to bonk me on the head now, cradle my head in his hands, and sing this song to me.  It's so cute that I can't even get mad at him for bonking my head. :)

We were bored the other day, so we got out the felt and the glue gun and made the three little pigs and the big bad wolf. Logan has some sort of weird fascination with eyeballs, and loves to pour out my stash and roll in it.  He didn't notice the eyes stuck to the side of his face for almost two hours.... much to my entertainment.

His three little pigs and the big bad wolf.  He loves this story, but always lectures (and then usually throws) the big bad wolf, because, "we don't blow down other people's houses.  It's not nice, and it's dangerous."

This past Saturday we got to see the Thatcher family!  It was so good to catch up with them, and made us really miss our little basement apartment when we lived right across the street from them.  Their little girls are growing up so fast, and Logan has been asking about Anne and Rachel ever since they left. :)





We are absolutely loving our gym pass.... and Logan is turning into a fish!  A week ago he wouldn't let go of Ry or me, even while wearing arm floaties.  Now he won't let us touch him.  He swims until his lips turn blue, and then his mean mom and dad make him get out.  He always tries to convince us that his lips really aren't blue, but his little chattering voice usually gives him away. :)


I am pretty sure that I have spent more time on this picture than the whole rest of the blog combined... and for some reason I still can't get it to rotate. :)  Oh well.  Anyway, here is a shot of my super handsome guy working on one of our new hobbies... making balloon animals! :)  I bought some long skinny balloons for a craft I'm doing, and Ry started playing around.  Soon he realized that balloon animals are actually not hard at all, and Logan has been thrilled with all the dogs, bunnies, swords, and turtles that have been created.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Love Logan's singing and we miss you guys too! So glad we get to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete