Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Silly Ways of Logan...

Logan is definitely the funniest kid I have ever met.  I am so blessed to get to stay home with him.  How many moms actually miss their kids during their naps?  He is my best little buddy...and I just love being around him.  Here are some of the things he is into right now.


  • Logan speaks like a normal human now.  Full sentences, adjectives, nouns and verbs.... mostly in the right places.  
  • He knows just about every primary song and nursery rhyme, and will sing them constantly throughout the day.  
  • He also loves reading, and has several of his books memorized.  It's pretty entertaining to watch him silently (or not so silently) mouth the words as you read to him at night.
  • Logan has the most amazing imagination.  We are constantly under attack at our house, by blue monsters, pirates, backsons (from Winnie the Pooh), or aliens.  Logan always leads the counter-attack (with one of his handy golf clubs).  One of his favorite games is stealing baby monsters from their mommy's.  Whenever he comes running at me with a frantic, maniacal look on his face while cupping his hands, I know that he has succeeded in his quest.  The rest of the day we spend fighting back the mommy monsters who want their fluffy baby's back.  I have no idea where he got any of this.  Such a crazy kid.
  • He also has 3 imaginary? friends.  One's name is Bobby, and he is a regular companion.  Every once in a while a girl friend makes an appearance.  And lately, "a boy named Jack" has been showing up around the house.
  • Logan is an amazing chef, and is always making me yummy things in his kitchen.... unfortunately, sometimes I find that he has taken the lid off whatever drink he has that day, and used the contents in his "soups" or "noodles" or "cake."  He has also gotten into my flour once or twice.... which is always extra fun to get out of a play kitchen set's cracks.
  • Logan can count to ten easily, and to twenty if you don't mind him skipping over 17.  He can count anything you put in front of him, and will usually do it all by himself.  Whenever he has his toys out (or candy/cereal/etc.) he will line them all up, and proudly count them over and over again.
  • He also knows his ABC's song, and is slowly learning the letters.  Whenever he sees letters he asks, "what's those letters say, mommy?"  
  • He watched the show "Super Y" at Grandma's house, and now whenever he is excited he pumps his fist and yells, "The power to read!"
  • Whenever he sees a set of scriptures, he yells, "My power!", and then proceeds to sing the "Scripture Power" song.
  • He loves nursery, and it is now actually harder to get him out of the nursery room than it is to put him in.
  • He can say his own little prayers, and it always cracks me up when he uses the phrase, "We are so grateful for....."  Ry and I must say that a lot.
  • Last week we watched "The Little Rascals" as a family.  A few days ago, Ryley was studying, and Logan wanted to play.  He took me by the hand, led me into his room, and gave me one of his golf clubs.  He grabbed one too.  I thought he wanted to fight, like he usually does.  I said, "On guard!"  Logan looked at me, said, "come on you on guard."  I followed him into Ry's study room, where Logan started waving his club around and shouting, "Choose or Die!"  It took a second for us to get it, but when we did, we definitely had to choose Logan. :)  He must have been relating to Spanky.  He wanted Ryley, and Ryley was choosing homework (Darla). :)  
  • We also bit the bullet today and bought a pass to the rec center here.  Logan is a fish, and loves the pool. Maybe now I wont constantly be asked when bath time is. :)  That kid could live in the bath.  He loves his "wrinkly fingers", and is always sure that those naughty backsons are going to steal them away... which they somehow always manage to do, no matter how carefully he hides them. :)


There are about a million other stories to tell about this crazy kid of ours, but Ry needs the computer now to study, so I will have to write more later.  
Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. Never stop posting about that funny kid, he cracks me up! These stories are priceless.

    ReplyDelete